The main challenge to design and build this one was its shape and its function. It had to cover a not-so-square hole and there had to be 2 cables going through the board with their large, UK plugs. I built it square and simple (unlike the hole beneath it).
I didn’t use my table saw in that project, just a circular saw and a speed square. The board had the right width, so it was easy to get started. Once cut to size I drilled holes and gave them a sanding.
I used my router with a round-over bit to finish the holes. That was followed by more sanding.
I then made sure the plugs could go through the holes and applied 2 coats of wipe-on poly.
It was a quick and simple project, I’m very happy with its look and functionality.